|Click here for Before and After Photos
STEP OUT OF THE BOX INTO A NEW YOU
BY Gwynnis Mosby
Let me give you the SKIN-ny!!
Ladies, Ladies…. You may not like this, but if your skin looks bad without makeup, it won't look any better with makeup. So now it’s time to discuss your skin. However, every time I start to talk about skin care, I lose a certain audience (humm…..). So don’t be so quick to turn this page because this time - this article is about you. Listen up!!
Spring has sprung and it's time to bare it all as in show a little skin. You need to put your best face forward, and come out of that heavy makeup. With the weather changing and getting warmer, it’s time to pay attention to your skin.
Firstly, skin care is a must!!! Make sure that you have a good basic skin care regimen- a cleanser, toner, moisturizer that’s suitable for your skin type. Additionally, a scrub or exfoliation (getting rid of that dead skin layer) of the skin is a necessary step to take further than the everyday regimen. So today, this is what our area of concentration will be. Exfoliation!
A god exfoliant should be used once a week to slough off dry, dead surface cells to help the skin work more efficiently and look fresher and younger. Also, exfoliants help smooth out your skin and assist in the absorption of moisturizers. They can help to prevent acne by removing sticky cells that block the pores, and help keep blemishes at bay.
1. Make sure to get a good exfoliant, one that is not too harsh.
2. Always follow up with a moisturizing cream or lotion.
• Never rub too hard; this not only causes the skin to become irritated, but actually stimulates the oil glands to secrete excess sebum than before.
• The first sign of excessive exfoliating is a red whipped look the upper cheek area. If this happens refrain from exfoliating until the skin has recovered completely.
• If you have combination skin, try exfoliating oily areas, such as the T- Zone, two times a week, and limit yourself to a weekly treatment on dry, sensitive areas.
Face and Body Exfoliants
• Dove Exfoliating gentle exfoliating moisturizing body wash
• Bath and Body Works Soothing Shower Scrub warm vanilla sugar
• Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Exhilarating Sugar Scrub Awake- Orange Ginger
• Mixed Emotions Chocolate Comfort Body Scrub www.shopmixedemotions.com
• DKNY Energizing Body Scrub
• Lancôme Body De’Lisse Gel Exfoliant
• Mary Kay Private Spa Collection Sugar Scrubs
- Embrace Harmony
- Embrace Happiness
- Embrace Today
- Embrace Dreams
• Lather Bamboo Lemon Grass Foaming Body Scrub - www.latherup.com
• Iman Time Control Sloughing Gel Gel Exfoliant
• Kiehl’s - Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub (made with real fruit)
• Kiehl’s Milk, Honey and Almond Scrub
• Lancôme Exfoliator
Oily Skin Exfoliance Controle purifying exfoliating gel
Normal/Combination Skin Exfoliance Clarte exfoliating gel with massaging beads
Dry Skin Exfoliance Confort honey, almond and yeast scrub with micro-spheres
• Clarins Toning Body Polisher
• Fresh Honey Face Scrub - www.fresh.com
Homemade Facial Scrubs
• To loosen Blackheads combine equal parts baking soda and water in your hand and rub gently on your skin for 2 or 3 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
• For Smooth Skin mix sugar and olive oil and spread on skin in a circular motion. It gets rid of dry skin.
• Facial Exfoliator 1 teaspoon of baking soda along with your cleanser.
TRICKS OF THE TRADE
• Once a week exfoliate lips by gently brushing off dead skin with a small fine brush or a soft toothbrush. This will stimulate cell turnover and keep lips looking smooth, soft and healthy. For extra moisturizing effect put a little moisturizer or lip balm on the brush.
I told you that this article was about you. Now that’s the SKIN-ny! I will be doing a new segment in women looking ahead magazine called “Step out of the box into a new you” in every issue. For more makeup, wardrobe and hair tips check out my articles in Women Looking Ahead magazine. Oh yeah, send me a request to make over your boss or co-worker. We will be picking a person every issue to makeover. For personal image help, contact me at “IMAGE MEANS EVERYTHINGTM ” and ask for Gwynnis 678-300-7831. See ya next issue!!
Click here to read the cover story of Teresa Royster.
|Teresa Royster (left/below) before her makeover with WLA Stylist. The WLA Style Team helps to bring out the inner beauty within each extraordinary women. See Teresa's after photos below.
Click here to read the cover story of Vicki Escarra.
See Vicki Escarra (below) after her WLA Makeover.